At this moment we're compatible with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 on the following devices:
- Samsung Tizen Smart TV (Models J6xxxx and over from 2015, and newer)
- Panasonic Smart TV (Models from 2018 and newer. Only for movies in UHD)
- LG Web OS Smart TV (Models from 2016 and newer. Only for movies in UHD)
Rakuten TV also offers Dolby Audio on selected devises. To learn more, please visit the article Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision.
To know the Audio options available in a specific film, Please go to the information page of the movie and look for the Dolby and 5.1 icon, as you can see on the image below.
You can change between 5.1 audio and 2.0 while playing a film by going to the audio and subtitles options (by clicking on the green button of your remote or on the bubble icon of the playback menu). There you will find the available 5.1 and 2.0 audio options.
Having problems to play 5.1 audio?
If you are playing a 5.1 audio film on a compatible device and you still hear audio 2.0, we recommend you to follow these steps:
- Check the 5.1 audio option is selected on the audio/subtitles settings of your film.
- Check that your speakers are properly plugged to your receiver properly.
- Verify that your HDMI/Optical connectors is connected to your TV.
- Lastly, please check if there is a problem with your cable connection by reversing the ends or trying an different cable.
If after following these steps you keep having troubles to play with audio 5.1, don't hesitate to contact us.