At this moment we're compatible with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 on the following devices:
- Samsung Tizen Smart TV (Models J6xxxx and over from 2015, and newer)
- LG Web OS Smart TV (Models from 2016 and newer. Only for movies in UHD)
To know if a movie has Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 available, you have to go to the information page of the movie and look for the Dolby icon, as you can see on the image below.
You can change between 5.1 audio and 2.0 while you are playing the movie, going to the audio and subtitles options (by clicking on the green button of your remote or on the bubble icon of the playback menu). There you will find the available 5.1 and 2.0 audio options.
We're working to have more titles with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 and compatibility with more brands and devices.
Having problems to play Dolby Digital Plus 5.1?
If you are playing in a compatible device and you already selected 5.1 on the audio/subtitles settings of your movie, but still hears audio 2.0, we recommend you to check this three steps to try to solve the issue:
- Check that your speakers are plugged to your receiver properly.
- Verify that your HDMI/Optical connectors is connected to your TV properly.
- Lastly, be sure that your cables doesn't have any problem by reversing the ends or trying an alternate cable.
If after following these steps you keep having troubles to play with audio 5.1, don't hesitate to contact us.