Rakuten TV is accessible not only from the web but from any of our compatible devices. However, keep the following things in mind before setting up an account:
1. A minimum internet connection speed of 3Mbps is required to view SD content, 5Mbps to view our HD content, and 20Mbps to view UHD content .
2. A single Rakuten TV user can be linked on multiple devices at the same time . So if you have several Rakuten TV compatible devices you can link, so you can enjoy Rakuten TV on all of them. However, only three devices can be used at the same time . In the following links we explain how to pair the different devices:
- Rakuten TV on your computer
- Rakuten TV on your Samsung device
- Rakuten TV on your LG device
- Rakuten TV on your iOS 7 device
- Rakuten TV on your Android tablet
3. Now, when you already know your Internet connection speed is sufficient and your device is compatible with our service, it's time to create a new user account. Registering to Rakuten TV is easy and completely free. All you need to do is to click on the link below and fill up the following form:
We recommend you choosing a simple username and password, specially if you are going to use your account on many devices, just to make the pairing easier.
If, once logged in, you go to "Settings", you will see all the information related to your account, billing details (you need to enter them to rent or buy films) and preferences.
Rakuten TV offers a video service that will enable users to access an extensive catalogue of films, series, documentaries, and other television programs via the website https://www.rakuten.tv or from the applications available on authorized devices.
The Service offers Registered Users a wide catalogue of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and other content selected by Rakuten TV, which will be periodically updated. The Registered User will be able to access by one or more of the following modalities:
- RENT: this service allows Registered Users, upon payment of the stated price, to access certain content by streaming for a limited period (during 30 days from the transaction and 48 hours from the first playback). In addition, Rakuten TV may provide only selected content a temporary download option in which case the compatible devices will be expressly indicated next to the content.
- BUY: this service permits Registered Users, upon payment of the stated price, to access certain content by streaming during an unlimited period as long as the rights are still available for Rakuten TV and with no limit of viewings. In addition, Rakuten TV may provide only for selected content a download option in which case the compatible devices will be expressly indicated next to the content.
- Marketplace Subscriptions: this service permits Registered Users to subscribe to one or multiple Channels and it allows the Registered Users, by paying a fixed monthly fee for each chosen Channel, to access all the content of the chosen Channel catalogue, without any time or viewing limit.
- FREE (free on demand content with advertisement) and CHANNELS (free linear TV channels with advertisement): These services permit Registered Users free access to certain content by streaming, when it is on demand, during an unlimited period of time and with no limit of viewing, as long as the rights are still available for Rakuten TV.
- Access to other viewing modalities, such as the linear TV channels, during the programmed period. As these are free services, there will be advertisements to the viewer through the stream of the content.
Welcome to Rakuten TV!