Although having a Rakuten TV account is completely free, you still have the option to delete your account whenever you want.
All you have to do is log in to Rakuten TV using your email and password. Click on “Settings” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. At the bottom of the page, click the button “If you want to delete your account, you can proceed here.”
Please keep in mind if you delete your account you will have no more access to your account, however if the account was deleted by mistake we can always reactivate your account, you will only have to contact us at email@example.com.
- Keep in mind that if you delete your account, you will lose all your purchased and rented content that you have in your “Library” and “Wishlist” folders.
- The account is unique in Rakuten Global, so if you delete in a country, it will be removed in all the remaining countries where you had registered with the email.
- Your email cannot be reused to create a new Rakuten TV account unless you contact Rakuten TV Customer Support to reactivate it.
- If you were using a Play.com account to sign into Rakuten TV, deleting the Rakuten TV account will not delete the Play.com account.
- If you only want to unsubscribe to the Rakuten TV newsletter, open a Rakuten TV email and scroll to the bottom of the message. You will see in the footnote a link that says, “Unsubscribe to newsletter.” Click this link and you will automatically be taken off our mailing list.