If you have an HDMI connection on your television and computer, you can watch Rakuten TV on your TV using an HDMI cable. Here’s how it works...
How to watch Rakuten TV on your TV in 4 easy steps:
1. Find this symbol and plug on your TV
2. Find this symbol and this plug on your computer.
3. Connect one end of your HDMI cable to the HDMI plug of your television, and the other end of the cable to the HDMI plug of your computer.
4. If your television does not automatically detect your computer, then select the HDMI channel on your television using your remote control (depending on the TV it can be called AV, Source, Input, etc.). In some cases, you can see different HDMI channels (HDMI1, HDMI2, etc). Try them all until you find the right one.
Now you should be able to see Rakuten TV on your TV.
I connected my TV and computer using the HDMI cable like you described. I can see the movie, but I can’t hear anything....
If this is happening to you, make sure to double check the following:
- Verify that the audio on your computer is not on mute or on a low setting, check the same thing on your TV
- Verify that when you connected the HDMI cable to your computer, the computer not only sent the video signal to your TV but also the audio signal. If you are using a computer with Windows 7 or Windows Vista, you can check this by going to START → CONTROL PANEL and selecting HARDWARE AND SOUND → SOUND. Verify that you can see the volume control for both the speakers of your computer and the speakers of your TV and check that it is the default device. If this is not the case, make your TV the default device by clicking the “Set Default” button at the bottom of the page.
I don’t have an HDMI connection on my computer, on my TV, or both...
If you cannot use an HDMI connection for your computer and TV, you can connect your computer to your television using other kinds of cables and connections, for example:
- Using a VGA cable for the video signal and a 3,5mm RCA cable for the audio signal
- Using a combined VGA cable for the video signal and a 3,5mm RCA cable for the audio signal
- Using a DVI-HDMI or DVI-VGA cable for the video signal and a 3,5mm RCA cable for the audio signal
In any case, we recommend that you reference the instructions of both your TV and your computer.
These are the cables that you will probably need:
VGA video cable
Combined VGA cable for video
DVI-HDMI video cable
3,5mm RCA cable
Still having problems?
If you have followed our instructions and troubleshooting tips and you are still experiencing problems connecting your computer to your TV you can...
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your problem and attaching the following information: operating system you use and web browser your use to access Rakuten TV, type of internet connection (Wifi, cable, etc) and name of internet provider, result of the internet connection speed test that you can find at the following webpage: beta.speedtest.net
- Consult our frequently asked questions: help.rakuten.tv FAQs