Compatible UHD/4k Devices
At the moment our UHD/4k content is compatible with the following devices:
- Samsung Smart TVs with Tizen OS (year of manufacture 2015, models higher than J6000, and newer) and UHD resolution.
- LG Smart TV's with Web OS (year of manufacture 2016 and newer) and UHD resolution.
- Panasonic Smart TV (starting from year of manufacture 2018)
- Hisense Smart TV (Selected models form 2016 to 2018)
- Philips Smart TV (starting from year of manufacture 2019)
- Sony Smart TV with Android TV (starting from year of manufacture 2019)
We're working to increase the number of brands compatibles with UHD content.
How to rent or buy a movie in UHD
To rent or buy a movie in UHD you have to do it through compatible UHD Smart TV, choosing the option UHD on the checkout page. If your device is not compatible with content in UHD, the option for this resolution won't appear.
Can I watch in SD or HD resolution a movie purchased in UHD?
If a movie offers the option to be rented or bought in HD or SD, you will be able to watch the movie also in those qualities even if originally was purchased on UHD.
What should be my internet speed to watch movies and TV in UHD quality on Rakuten TV?
We recommend a strong internet connection with minimum 20 Mbps internet speed to enjoy UHD content. If your internet speed is lower, you may face buffering.
Which movies are available in UHD quality?
If you are accessing to our App from a compatible UHD Smart TV, you’ll find a banner in the home page of the App to access to our UHD catalog.
Also, if you’re navigating in our website a yellow batch allow you to know which movies are available in UHD.
How much should I pay to watch these movies in UHD quality?
The price of the UHD movies varies depending on the title. The specific price is available in the details page of the movie.